Rosemary Garlic Root Veggies
Ring in the Fall season with this colorful, delicious, hearty dish alongside a nice steak, lamb chops or chicken. You could also serve this as a vegetarian meal.
3 Tblsp extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO)
1/8 cup chopped fresh rosemary
3 garlic cloves, minced (ok to use store bought minced garlic in a jar)
1 large carrot, peeled & sliced into 1″ pieces (thinner bottom pieces 1 1/2′” to 2″)
2 med-small parsnips, peeled & sliced into 1″ pieces (thinner bottom pieces 1 1/2′” to 2″)
1/2 small jicama, halved, peeled & sliced 1/4″ thick
1 med-small turnip, peeled, halved & sliced 1/4″ thick
1 small sweet potato, peeled, cut into 4th’s lengthwise, then sliced into 1/2″ pieces
3 small red potatoes, each cubed into 8 pieces
1 1/2 tsp sea salt
1. Preheat oven to 400°.
2. In a small bowl; mix EVOO, rosemary & garlic.
3. Place all the prepped veggies, carrots thru red potatoes, in a 3 quart glass baking dish.
4. Pour EVOO mixture over veggies & toss to coat. Spread veggies out in a single layer in baking dish. Sprinkle evenly with salt.
5. Bake uncovered, on middle oven rack, 35 to 45 minutes or till veggies are tender to your liking. Give veggies a good stir halfway through cooking time.
6. Leave on middle oven rack & give them a quick broil, 3 to 4 minutes.
7. Remove from oven & serve right away.