Ahhh-mazing Fall Home Scent
This all natural recipe will have your home smelling like all the comforting scents of the Fall season with very little effort. Once it starts simmering it takes several hours for it to waft through your whole house, but once it does… it smells so great! You can make this either in a small crock-pot or on your stove top.
1 small apple
3 1/2 cups water
1 Tblsp real vanilla extract
3 whole star anise
2 to 3 cinnamon sticks
1 tsp whole allspice
1 tsp whole cloves
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1. Peel the orange & cut the apple into 8 wedges.
2. Add water to a 2 quart crock-pot. Stir in vanilla & all the spices. Stir in the orange peel & apple wedges. Set crock-pot to high & cover.
3. After 1 hour lower heat to low & simmer for a few hours.
4. Give it a stir, leave it partially covered & enjoy the scent! (see Tips# 1 thru 4)
Tips & Suggestions
1. Give it a stir every now & again to release more scent.
2. This should last a week or 2, so unplug the crock-pot overnight & keep it covered.
3. Everyday; add a little more water as needed & heat on low partially covered, stirring as needed.
4. You can also make this in a 2 quart saucepan on your stove top. Bring the water to a boil. Lower heat to warm. Stir in all the ingredients, simmer partially covered & enjoy!