Almond Butter Cookies
These cookies are so yummy & you can customize them in many ways. Don’t limit yourself to just almond butter… you can also use an equal amount of either cashew butter, peanut butter (either smooth or crunchy) or any type of nut/seed butter you like. Make a double or triple batch & freeze them, so you’ll always have some on hand for a cookie craving!
Yield: 2 dozen cookies
1/2 cup butter (1 stick), sliced & softened (see Tip#1)
1/2 cup almond butter
1/2 cup light brown sugar, loosely packed
1/2 cup organic cane sugar
1 large organic egg
1/2 tsp real vanilla extract
1 cup organic all purpose flour
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. Add butter & almond butter to a 4 quart bowl. Beat with an electric hand mixer till creamy. Gradually beat in both sugars, then egg & vanilla till smooth.
3. In a separate 1 quart bowl; mix flour, salt & baking soda.
4. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients & stir till well combined.
5. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper (see Tip# 1). Drop batter by rounded cookie scoops (or use a Tblsp) onto baking sheet 2″ apart.
6. Bake on lower middle oven rack 10 to 13 minutes. They’re done when barely browning on edges.
7. Cool 5 minutes & transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container in the frig or freeze for longer storage.
Tips & Suggestions
1. If you don’t have any parchment paper on hand, you can grease the baking sheet with a little extra softened butter.