The question is… what can’t you use this on? It’s so great as a topping/garnish on all Mexican Dishes like Tacos, Chili, Burritos, Huevos Rancheros & so on. I use it on my Loaded Mexican Hot Dogs along with mustard (see recipe in the Sandwiches category). I also love it on scrambled eggs, it gives them a scrumptious creaminess… I’m sure you’ll love it!
1 cup Mexican Crema (see Tip# 1)
1 tsp ground cumin
1/4 tsp smoked sea salt
1/2 ripe avocado, cubed small
Juice from 1 small lime
Optional: kick it up with 1/4 tsp chipotle chili powder or 1/4 tsp hot chili powder or 1/4 tsp Sriracha sauce
1. Add all ingredients to a blender or bullet cup. Process till well combined & smooth.
2. Using a funnel; force the mixture through, using the back of a spoon or a narrow spoon handle, into a condiment squeeze bottle (see Tip# 2).
3. Refrigerate 6 to 24 hours allowing the flavors to marry. Shake before each use. Use within 10 days to 2 weeks, but don’t go past the exp date on the Mexican Crema.
Tips & Suggestions
1. You can find Mexican Crema, in one of the refrigerated sections, in most supermarkets.
2. It’s easier to use if you have a condiment squeeze bottle. If not, transfer to a small covered bowl & refrigerate 6 to 24 hours before using. Be sure to put a use by date on your container.