Basil Ranch Dressing
It’s so much healthier for you & your family when you make your own salad dressings. Not only will you eliminate all the additives found in commercially prepared dressings, but you also have full control over the quality of the ingredients. I think you’ll find this one especially tasty!
Yield: approximately 2 cups / 8 servings
1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt or sour cream
1/2 cup Smart Balance or Hellman’s Real mayonnaise
1/4 to 1/2 cup organic milk, depending on how thick you like your dressing (see Tip# 1)
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley, loosely packed
1/3 cup thinly sliced scallions
1/2 cup roughly chopped fresh basil, loosely packed
8 baby spinach leaves, roughly chopped
1 large garlic clove, finely minced
2 tsp fresh squeezed lemon juice
1/4 tsp kosher or sea salt
Fresh ground black pepper, 5 to 8 pepper mill turns
1. Place all the ingredients in a blender or bullet & process till smooth.
2. Refrigerate at least 6 hours allowing the ingredients to marry & attain maximum flavor.
3. Shake/mix & serve with your salads (see Tip# 2).
Tips & Suggestions
1. You can substitute an equal amount of unsweetened, plain almond or cashew milk.
2. Drape some over your side dish of cooked/roasted vegetables or potatoes, it’s delicious!