Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes
One evening while I was eating Mashed Potatoes alongside some Roasted Cauliflower, the taste of the two married together was so delicious I just had to create a recipe for it. This combination brings a whole new level of flavor & nutrients to Mashed Potatoes. It’s also a clever way to sneak precious veggies into your kid’s diet. They can’t see the cauliflower & so they’ll devour this just as though they were eating regular Mashed Potatoes!
Yield: Approximately 12 – 1 cup servings
5 lbs organic russet potatoes
1 head organic cauliflower
1. Prepare potatoes using my Crock-Pot Mashed Potatoes recipe (find it in the Potatoes category) or use your own favorite mashed potato recipe.
2. While potatoes are cooking, roast the cauliflower florets (see my Roasted Cauliflower recipe in the Vegetables & Beans category).
3. Place Roasted Cauliflower florets in a bowl & cut up fairly small with a knife.
4. Mash the cut up florets, they will not be smooth like mashed potatoes, just smashed up a bit.
5. Add mashed florets to your prepared mashed potatoes & stir till well combined.
6. If too thick, thin out with a little milk. Taste, adjust salt & pepper if needed & serve.
Tips & Suggestions
1. If you’re cooking this ahead of time to freeze or if you have leftovers:
a. Let cauliflower potatoes cool to room temperature.
b. Freeze in airtight containers, 1 cup per person is a general rule of thumb for serving size.
c. If you’re planning to use within 1 to 2 days, store container(s) in the refrigerator.