A perfect recipe for St. Patrick’s Day or frankly any day of the week. Creamy, delicious, easy to prepare & pairs up nicely with steak, chicken or seafood & a potato side dish.
Serves: 4 to 6
2 Tblsp butter
1/3 cup Mexican Crema
1 medium-sized yellow summer squash, sliced 1/3″ to 1/2″ thick & cut the largest pieces into half moons (see Tip# 1)
2 – 15 oz cans gold corn, non-GMO or organic, drain well
1/2 tsp kosher salt (or to taste)
Optional: fresh ground black pepper (to taste)
1. In a 2 quart saucepan; melt butter on med-high heat. Lower heat to med-low & whisk in Crema untill well combined.
2. Add squash & stir till all the pieces are coated, cover & cook 3 minutes.
3. Stir in corn, salt & pepper (if using), cover & cook another 5 – 7 minutes till squash is crisp-tender. Do not overcook.
4. Transfer to a serving bowl, arrange some of the squash pieces to look like coins near the top & serve.
Tips & Suggestions
1. What you’re after here is to make the squash pieces look like gold coins. Cutting the largest pieces into half moons insures that the pieces are similar in size & will cook evenly.