Power Breakfast Blueberry Cobbler
Packed with nutrients, this sweet, warm comfort food will get your day off to a great start!
1 cup frozen organic blueberries
3/4 cup frozen banana slices (see Tip# 1)
1/4 cup old fashioned rolled oats
1 Tblsp dried cranberries
1 Medjool date, chopped (see Tip# 2)
1 tsp chia seeds
1 Tblsp pomegranate blueberry juice
1/8 tsp vanilla extract (see Tip# 3)
2 Tblsp roughly chopped almonds
2 Tblsp organic unsweetened shredded coconut
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
1. Place a cookie sheet on the middle oven rack & preheat oven to 375° (see Tip# 4).
2. In a 1 quart glass bowl; add blueberries, banana, oats, cranberries, dates, chia seeds, juice & vanilla. Toss till well combined.
3. Evenly distribute the mixture into two 10 oz ramekins & level off the tops.
4. In a small bowl; add almonds, coconut & cinnamon. Stir till well combined & sprinkle evenly over the blueberry mixture in each ramekin.
5. Bake on the cookie sheet for 15 to 18 minutes.
6. Leave on middle rack & broil 2 minutes, keeping your eye on them to be sure they don’t burn.
7. Remove from oven, let stand 5 minutes & serve.
Tips & Suggestions
1. Freeze bananas ahead of time. Choose fresh bananas that are partially green or just turned yellow with no brown spots. The more they ripen the sweeter they become & have a higher calorie count. Slice them about 1/2″ thick & place, in a single layer, in a quart sized freezer bag. Use them within 2 weeks or so.
2. Medjool dates are larger than regular dates & have a magnificent creamy caramel taste to them. You can find them in the produce section of most larger supermarkets.
3. It’s worth the money to buy good quality vanilla extract, as the taste is far superior to the cheaper imitation vanilla. You can find the good quality vanilla extract in the spice isle in most large supermarkets.
4. It’s easier to remove the ramekins from the oven when on a cookie sheet.