Roasted Herbed Baby Potatoes
These potatoes are super easy to make, are so delicious & the various colors add a special touch to any meal you serve them with!
Serves: 4 to 6
1 1/2 lbs small multi-colored organic baby potatoes, about 1 to 1 1/2″ in diameter (see Tip# 1)
2 Tblsp extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO)
1 Tblsp dried parsley or any other herb(s) to compliment the dish you’re serving them with
3 cloves garlic, minced (ok to use store bought minced garlic in a jar)
Kosher or sea salt to taste
Fresh ground black pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 400°
2. Use a vegetable wash to clean the potatoes, then soak them in lukewarm water a couple of minutes. Rinse well, dry & place in a 2 1/2 quart glass bowl.
3. In a small bowl; mix EVOO, parsley & garlic till well combined.
4. Pour mixture over potatoes, generously season with salt & pepper, then toss to coat.
5. Transfer potatoes to a 3 quart glass baking dish & spread/space them out evenly.
6. Roast, on middle oven rack, 25 to 35 minutes or till just fork tender. Give them a good stir/toss halfway through cooking time. Do not overcook.
7. Remove from oven, cool 15 minutes & serve. Refrigerate or freeze any leftovers.
Tips & Suggestions
1. Most major supermarkets sell these potatoes in bags & generally consist of a combination of red, purple & yellow potatoes.