Rockin’ Power Jasmine Rice
Adding the 3 tasty, healthy power ingredients to Jasmine Rice… avocado oil, turmeric & kale is what makes this side dish rock!
1 3/4 cups water
1/2 tsp kosher or sea salt
1 Tblsp butter
1 cup Jasmine rice
2 tsp Avocado oil (preferably) or same amount of extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO)
1/8 tsp ground turmeric
1/3 of a 5 oz pkg organic baby kale leaves
Sea salt & fresh ground black pepper to taste
1. Add water, salt & butter to a 2 quart pot & bring to a boil over high heat.
2. Meantime, put rice in a fine mesh colander & rinse well under room temperature water.
3. As soon as the water starts to boil, reduce heat to warm & stir in the rice.
4. After 15 seconds, cover & cook for 15 minutes or until all water is absorbed & rice is tender. You may need to quickly open & close the lid once or twice, right after covering it, to make sure the pot doesn’t boil over.
5. Remove from heat & let sit 5 minutes.
6. Fluff rice with a fork. Gently stir in avocado oil, turmeric, baby kale, salt & pepper till combined. Cover, let sit 15 minutes & serve.