Royal Blend Rosemary Ginger Rice
I love to serve this, instead of potatoes, alongside a steak or lamb chops. You could also turn this into a stand alone meal for 3 by adding 2 cups of roasted vegetables (any kind or a variety), 3/4 cup cooked chicken meat & serve it with a side of my Fried Bananas… Yum!
2 cups organic chicken broth (preferably for best flavor) or water
1 Tblsp whole fresh rosemary leaves
2 tsp peeled & finely chopped fresh ginger
1/2 tsp smoked sea salt (be sure it’s smoked, not plain)
1/2 Tblsp butter
1 cup Rice Select Royal Blend rice with Red Quinoa (see Tip# 1)
1/3 cup dried California apricots, chopped (see Tip# 2)
Optional toppings for each serving; thinly sliced scallion, crumbled goat cheese, chia seeds, Toasted Pine Nuts, chopped fresh cilantro or mint
1. Combine the first 6 ingredients (broth thru rice) in a 3 quart saucepan, stir & bring to a boil over high heat.
2. Reduce heat to warm, stir once & cover with a tight fitting lid. Cook 18 to 20 minutes or till all water is absorbed.
3. Remove from heat & let stand (covered) 10 minutes.
4. Add apricots, fluff/stir with a fork, cover & let sit 20 minutes. Best served barely warm.
5. Serve as is or jazz up each serving with the Optional toppings (which I recommend for best flavor).
Tips & Suggestions
1. This is one of my favorite rice blends & you can find it at most supermarkets. It contains Texmati light brown rice, red quinoa & fire roasted freekah.
2. You can buy the best California apricots at Nuts.com (I highly recommend them, I’ve been happily doing business with them for years) or you may be able to find them locally at Whole Foods or other large health food stores. These large, sweet apricots are far superior to the packaged varieties you’ll find at most grocery stores.