So easy, so tasty & goes with any meal… breakfast, lunch or dinner! The best part about these potatoes is that you can customize them in so many ways to compliment whatever dish you’re serving them with. Just alter the herbs/spices to match your dish.
Serves: 3 to 6
6 small whole organic red potatoes (pick ones that are similar in size)
Extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO)
Kosher or sea salt
Fresh ground black pepper
Granulated garlic powder
Chopped fresh parsley or any other herb(s) of your choice (fresh or dried)
Fresh shredded parmesan cheese
1. Boil potatoes in salted water in a pot large enough to allow the amount of potatoes you’re cooking to move around freely. Cook them until they are just fork tender, about 18 to 22 minutes, stirring occasionally. Do not overcook.
2. Drain & cool 10 to 15 minutes.
3. Preheat oven to 450°
4. Line a large baking sheet with foil & grease with a little EVOO.
5. Place potatoes on baking sheet. Gently & carefully press each one with a potato masher, twisting & turning till somewhat flattened.
6. Drizzle each potato with a little EVOO. Sprinkle lightly with salt, pepper, garlic & parsley. Top with parmesan cheese.
7. Bake on middle oven rack for 20 minutes or till cheese is melted & potatoes are browning with crispy edges.
8. To serve; use a large, flat spatula without slots to transfer to plates & enjoy!
Tips & Suggestions
1. To make these even easier to prepare, you can boil lots of whole potatoes at one time, freeze them while they’re still whole, then defrost what you need & prepare them for baking.