Strawberry Banana Smoothie
Revised & updated 2/9/2021 – This Strawberry Banana Smoothie is one of the easiest smoothies to make. It has only a few ingredients, but it’s super delicious & I’ve never met anyone who doesn’t love this smoothie flavor… even the kids! Whip up one of these smoothies for an easy breakfast, anytime snack, after a workout or even as a healthy dessert!
1/2 cup orange juice (not from concentrate)
1/2 cup organic vanilla yogurt
1 Tblsp honey, preferably raw
3 to 5 frozen strawberries, depending on size
6 frozen banana slices (see Tips# 1 & 2)
2 ice cubes
1. Put orange juice, yogurt & honey in a Bullet type blender cup & stir till the honey is well combined with the other ingredients (see Tips# 3 & 4).
2. Add strawberries, bananas & ice.
3. Process till blended & smooth. Do not over blend.
Tips & Suggestions
1. Freeze bananas ahead of time. Choose fresh bananas that are partially green or just turned yellow with no brown spots. The more they ripen the sweeter they become & have a higher calorie count.
2. Slice bananas about 1/2″ thick & place, in a single layer, in a quart sized freezer bag. Freeze & use them within 2 weeks or so.
3. The reason for the extra step of stirring is because the honey tends to clump & stick to the Bullet cup, never getting fully integrated into the smoothie.
4. If you don’t have a Bullet type blender, you can use a regular full-sized blender. Eliminate the stirring in step# 1, just add all the ingredients in the OPPOSITE order listed & blend until smooth.