Zesty Fig Dressing
You can really have fun & customize this dressing by using an equal amount of just about any kind of chopped dried fruit in place of the figs. I’ve used raisins, cranberries, apples, Medjool dates, apricots & even prunes. Each will impart it’s own special flavor & health benefits to the dressing.
Yield: makes enough for 2 large dinner or 3 to 4 small side salads
1 Tblsp pure maple syrup, preferably organic
1 Tblsp fresh squeezed lemon juice
1 Tblsp Bragg’s organic, raw, unfiltered apple cider vinegar
1 Tblsp Dijon mustard
2 Tblsp extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
Fresh ground black pepper, 5 pepper mill turns
1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
1/4 cup chopped dried figs (about 4 figs)
4 to 8 roasted whole almonds, roughly chopped (or use any kind of nuts you like)
1. In a small bowl; briskly whisk maple syrup through pepper till well combined.
2. Stir in yogurt & whisk till smooth & creamy.
3. Add figs & stir till well combined. Let sit at least 20 minutes while preparing salad(s).
4. Apply dressing to salad(s) & sprinkle each with desired amount of almonds.
5. Cover & store leftover dressing in the refrigerator, but don’t go past the expiration date on your yogurt.